Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No going back, no adding links - welcome to the future of blogging...

This may be the start of something interesting.  Or just a short folly.  But I am inspired thanks to yesterday's NYTimes piece about the auction of Cormac McCarthy's manual typewriter.  When was the last time you wrote on a typewriter?  When was the last time you couldn't use the "delete" key even if you wanted to do so?  How good is your typing?  Can writers create in the old form of clacking keys on paper and feeding the roll of paper piece by peece?  There you have it - my first mistake.  I'm surprised I made it that far.  So maybe this will become an annoying projmect.  Or maybe something elese.  I don't have a name for it yet.  I took the title from the NYTimes story - a quote by the rare book dealer describing McCarmathy's Olivetti where he compared his body of work coming form that machine was like using a Swiss Army knife to carve Mount Rushmore.  One mistake and there goes the nose, George.

Thankfully, the pressure on me is just to avoid the "delete" or "backspace" keye (if you can see me on a PC).

Until tomorrow and beyond, keep on typin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment